Sporting Ted Rows for Gold! - Key Stage 1
Learn all about the Olympics with Sporting Ted as he prepares to row for Team GB!
This workshop enables children to understand the history and process of the Olympic Games and the story of rowing at the Olympics with the help of Sporting Ted. They will also gain an understanding of teamwork.
- Short story featuring Sporting Ted and his Paralympian friend Penelope.
- Torch bearing sequence.
- Mini opening ceremony.
- Make a winner’s wreath inspired by the one in the Museum.
- Make a simple collage of Ted in his kit.
- Handle special objects and guess what they are.
- Short walk with simple activities in teams and to see the river where many Olympic rowers started their journey to 2012.