Discover the Victorians - Key Stage 2
Examine Victorian objects, photographs, maps and documents and enjoy a guided walk to discover the importance of the river and railway to Victorian Henley (workshop will be adapted to suit age group).
- Comparing and contrasting Victorian portrait photographs with modern ‘snaps’.
- Comparing and contrasting photographs of Victorian Henley – then and now.
- Handling Victorian objects; matching them to pictures of people who might have used them and to pictures of the modern comparisons.
- Comparing and contrasting maps of Victorian and modern Henley.
- Looking for information on a census page.
- A walk along the riverside and then into town stopping to look for evidence of Victorian Henley.