The workshop will provide an inspirational setting for pupils to develop listening, performance and imaginative writing skills. Pupils will use the Museum collection as a starting point for drama and creative writing and consider the elements of a story (character, setting and plot). They will develop collaborative skills as writers and performers of their own work.
- Creating conversations inspired by the objects and images on display.
- ‘What happens next?’ – imagine the next part of the story. Create a freeze frame of that is happening, photograph it for use back at school.
- Explore parts of speech and write a story starter inspired by the exhibition images, music and smells.
National Curriculum areas covered
- creating settings, characters and plot through writing and drama.
- increasing familiarity with traditional stories.
- building a varied and rich vocabulary and developing grammatical skills.