The River of Life – Key Stage 1/Key Stage 2
The River of Life is about Living Things which live in, on or near the River Thames. It is a workshop with three parts, which has been designed for KS1, Lower KS2 or Upper KS2, with the appropriate differentiation of activities and experiences for each key stage/class.
The use of observational skills to;
- identify, name, group and ultimately classify a range of living things.
- draw conclusions about animal and plant suitability to their environment.
- draw conclusions from fossil evidence to show living things have changed over time (Upper KS2 only).
An understanding that;
- environmental change can pose dangers to living things.
- seasonal variation can affect living things in several ways (KS1, Lower KS2 only).
- living things can be linked according to their feeding habits and the terminology associated with food chains.