Flood - Key Stage 3
What causes floods? What impact do they have on people and wildlife? How can rivers be managed?
- How permeable and impermeable rocks, soil, and vegetation affect the rate in which precipitation travels to a river channel.
- The processes of erosion, transportation and deposition, as well as an opportunity to revise basic river principles.
- Land use changes over time, as well as man-made and natural features of a river, using aerial photographs, an historic painting and an OS map of the River Thames in Henley.
- The impacts of flooding and the water cycle.
- A walk between the River & Rowing Museum and Marsh Lock focusing on the design of buildings, natural and protected river banks, and the roles of the lock and the weir.