Wind in the Willows
The much loved book The Wind in the Willows is brought to life with 3D models, theatrical lighting and music.
Walk through the story with an audio guide that tells you the talk of Mr Toad and friends, from Mole spring cleaning to the battle for Toad Hall.
Things to do…
- Enjoy the story with the free audio guide
- Borrow a torch to light your way through the dark woods
- Make a cup of tea in Mr Toad’s caravan
- Press the buttons to watch the Weasels take over Toad Hall
Things to see…
- Ratty, Toad and Badger having a picnic by the river
- Mr Badger snoring by the fire
- Mr Toad in prison and making his daring escape
The Wind in the Willows – The Making of a Story – Text from our Wind in the Willows display in the River Gallery telling the story of Kenneth Grahame and the making of the book.
Ratty’s Wordsearch – Have a go at this crossword inspired by our Ratty’s Refuge garden.
Crack the code – Crack Mr Toad’s message and learn how to send your own.
Cross Wires – Can you work out which of the Wind in the Willows animals is calling who?
The museum has also created its own delightful range of Wind in the Willows homeware, stationary, toys and gifts. These are available to buy in our retail shop and are also available to trade customers via wholesale.