Group Visits to the River & Rowing Museum
A Day out in beautiful Henley on Thames
Enjoy a day out at the River & Rowing Museum with your group, and discover the history of this quintessentially English town. With full or half day options available, five permanent galleries and a constantly changing series of temporary art exhibitions, there is so much to explore. Visitors of all ages enjoy joining Ratty, Mole, Toad and Badger in the atmospheric Wind in the Willows 3D exhibition that brings the classic story to life! New for 2017 – a brand new gallery featuring the work of popular British Artist John Piper, including painting, collage, stained glass and tapestry.
Coach & Car Parking
With room for 100 cars, the Museum has its own car park including coach-parking facilities. To ensure a smooth arrival and welcome for your group, we ask that coach parking is pre-booked. Our Duty Manager will greet your group on arrival, with a warm welcome and orientation information. We are pleased to offer free Museum admission and tea and coffee for coach drivers.
We are situated in the meadows on the banks of the river in the beautiful Henley on Thames. The Museum is easy to find and sign-posted from all entrances to the town, which is a leisurely ten minute walk away. If you’d like to extend your visit, we are ideally situated for a visit to the stunning National Trust property Greys Court, local country park Stonor, as well as a short walk from the bustling centre of Henley.
The café at the Museum offers a range of hot and cold lunch options, delicious freshly made cakes and afternoon tea options. To book a table, or for menu information, please get in touch with Emma on 01491 415631 or email: email@example.com
At the end of your visit, the Museum shop offers plenty of opportunities to take home a souvenir of your day out. The shop is filled with gorgeous gifts, from beautiful leather handbags and pretty jewellery to books and greetings cards. Group visitors enjoy a 10% discount in the Museum shop.
Group Admission Prices 2018
We offer a pre-booked discounted Admission Rate for Group Visitors to the Museum (minimum 10 people), if booked at least 24 hours in advance.
|Ticket Type||Admission Prices|
|Organiser & Driver||Free of charge|
Museum Admission & Boat trip
Enjoy a private group river trip on the beautiful River Thames, with our local partner Hobbs of Henley. Relax and experience the beautiful scenery and discover the fascinating heritage of the Thames.
Boat trips are provided by Hobbs of Henley, on-board their large passenger boat ‘Consuta’, and take approximately 2 hours in total. Trips are provided for a minimum of 30 guests and a maximum of 46, and prices are based on Monday – Friday 10am – 5pm. Please note that boat trips are subject to boat availability at the time of booking, and are not available during Regatta.
|Ticket Type||Admission Prices|
|Adult – with boat trip||£19|
|Organiser & Driver||£9.50|
Group Travel Packages 2018
Messing about on the River 10.30am – 4pm £63
After starting the day at the Museum with Tea/Coffee and Danish pastry, enjoy a journey through the evocative Wind in the Willows 3D exhibition, and see Toad, Mole and Ratty! Set sail from the Museum jetty and enjoy lunch while meandering along the river, includes a complimentary copy of The Pitkin Guide to The World of Wind in the Willows for each visitor.
A day out in Henley-on-Thames 10.30am – 4pm £21
A morning spent in the bustling centre of picturesque Henley, followed by a visit to the Museum and Afternoon Tea.
Art Lovers 10.30am – 4pm £34
A whole day at the Museum including Tea/Coffee and Danish pastry, John Piper introductory talk, lunch and free time in the galleries and shop.
River Lovers 10.30am – 4pm £38
Start the day at the Museum and enjoy Tea/Coffee and Danish pastry, free time in the galleries and lunch. After lunch explore the Royal Regatta course on a Boat Trip along the River Thames.
History Lovers 10.30am – 4pm £32
A whole day at the Museum including Tea/Coffee and Danish pastry, guided gallery tour, lunch and free time in the galleries and shop.
Free upgrade to an Annual Pass
At no extra costs, you and the members of your group can upgrade your ticket to an annual pass, giving unlimited entry for 12 months!
This entitles you, and the members of your group, to come back to the Museum and enjoy our constantly updated schedule of temporary exhibitions. Admission tickets also include the complimentary use of an Audio guide for The Wind in The Willows exhibition.
For further information, please contact Emma Syer at the River & Rowing Museum:
How to book:
- Please call or email to check availability
- Bookings must be made at least 14 days in advance
- Bookings must be confirmed in writing using the booking form
- We’ll confirm your booking in writing on receipt of your form
- Final details, including numbers must be confirmed 14 days before your visit.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Admission prices are discounted rates and no further discounts are available
- All prices are inclusive of VAT
- A single payment is required to qualify for group rates
- All details, including final numbers and catering orders must be confirmed 14 days in advance and will be charged accordingly
- Payment for admission, boat trips and catering can be made in advance by cheque (made payable to the River & Rowing Museum Foundation) or by debit/credit card by calling 01491 415631.
- Boat trips are available Monday – Friday between 10am – 4pm, for a minimum of 30 and a maximum of 48 people. Boat trips are not available during Regatta.
- Curator’s talks are available for a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 80. In gallery talks may be available for smaller group, please call to check.
- A deposit may be required for catering and boat trips.
- Invoicing available upon request
- No refunds are applicable