FAQs

Frequently Flagged Up Questions

Q: Where do I collect my ‘Flag up my Hero’ Kit from?

A: Collection of your ‘Flag up my Hero’ Kits (s) will be from the Museum foyer Thurs – Mon, 10am – 4pm.  Please make clear to staff that you are collecting a flag kit.  Your flag needs to be completed by 4pm on Monday 14 September.

If you are unable to collect your kit, please email us at museum@rrm.co.uk so that we can make alternative arrangements.

Q: I am vulnerable and can’t collect. Can you deliver my ‘Flag up my Hero’ Kit?

A: If you are unable to collect your kit, please email us at museum@rrm.co.uk so that we can make alternative arrangements.

Q: Will you ensure that social distancing measures are in place?

A: Please be assured that measures will be in place to ensure that all health and safety regulations are adhered to, as per the Coronovirus (COVID-19): guidance for museums, galleries and heritage sector.

Q: When is the Museum open?

A: The Café, Shop and Gertrude Hermes exhibition are now open. For the inside story on news and developments at the Museum, sign up to our newsletter.

Q: When I have made my flag, what do I do?

A: Please write your name clearly in biro on the reverse of your flag(s).  Please return your completed flag by Monday 14 September at the latest.

Q: I am unable to deliver my flag to the Museum, are you able to collect my flag once I have made it?

A: If you are unable to deliver your flag to the Museum please let us know when you collect your kit or the kit is delivered to you or email museum@rrm.co.uk. Please complete your flag by Monday 14 September.

Q: Where will my flag be flown?

A: Your flag(s) will be flown from the front of the Museum, so that passers-by and visitors can see it and to celebrate your hero.

Q: Will my flag be returned to me when it comes down?

A: Yes, if you clearly write your name on the reverse of the flag in biro, we will contact you when your flag is ready for collection.