FAQs

Frequently Flagged Up Questions

Q: Where do I collect my ‘Flag up my Hero’ Kit from?

A: Collection of your ‘Flag up my Hero’ Kits (s) will be from the Museum foyer Thurs – Mon, 10am – 4pm.  Please make clear to staff that you are collecting a flag kit.  Your flag needs to be completed by 4pm on Monday 31 August.

If you are unable to collect your kit, please email us at museum@rrm.co.uk so that we can make alternative arrangements.

Q: I am vulnerable and can’t collect. Can you deliver my ‘Flag up my Hero’ Kit?

A: If you are unable to collect your kit, please email us at museum@rrm.co.uk so that we can make alternative arrangements.

Q: Will you ensure that social distancing measures are in place?

A: Please be assured that measures will be in place to ensure that all health and safety regulations are adhered to, as per the Coronovirus (COVID-19): guidance for museums, galleries and heritage sector.

Q: When is the Museum open?

A: The Café, Shop and Gertrude Hermes exhibition are now open. For the inside story on news and developments at the Museum, sign up to our newsletter. We’ll include details on our website on how you can deliver your flag to the Museum from mid-August.

Q: When I have made my flag, what do I do?

A: Please write your name clearly in biro on the reverse of your flag(s). We’ll include details on our website on how you can deliver your flag to the Museum from mid-August. Please return your completed flag by Monday 31 August at the latest.

Q: I am unable to deliver my flag to the Museum, are you able to collect my flag once I have made it?

A: If you are unable to deliver your flag to the Museum please let us know when you collect your kit or the kit is delivered to you or email museum@rrm.co.uk. Please complete your flag by Monday 31 August.

Q: Where will my flag be flown?

A: Your flag(s) will be flown from the front of the Museum, so that passers-by and visitors can see it and to celebrate your hero.

Q: Will my flag be returned to me when it comes down?

A: Yes, if you clearly write your name on the reverse of the flag in biro, we will contact you when your flag is ready for collection.