Head of Finance
This is a permanent role reporting to the Museum Director. It is based at the River & Rowing Museum, although there may be some remote working.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Responsibility for the Finance ledgers of the River & Rowing Museum Foundation and its trading company.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts with commentary to provide the Trustees, Director and department heads with an ongoing understanding of the financial position and ensuring the Charity is meeting its objectives
• Drive the annual budget process and additional forecasting processes as required by the Director/Trustees
• Preparation of annual financial accounts in compliance with Charities Commission and Companies House regulations and build an ongoing relationship with the Charities auditors.
• Regularly review of finance processes to ensure they are efficient and effective and support the charity’s operations.
• Working with the Director and Department heads to provide financial information on current commercial activities or scenario modelling for future activities.
• Ensure communication with all staff about key financial processes and deadlines and ensure budget holders understand their budgets and financial responsibilities.
• Responsible for the following processes: payroll, pensions, VAT, Gift Aid, Corporation Tax
• Work with the Director to ensure all Charities Commission and Companies Act requirements are meet and appropriate up to date documentation is in order (for example: Reserves register, Risk Register, Register of Members etc) and make sure any changes to Trustees and Directors promptly updated on the relevant website
• Build excellent relationships with the Chairman and Treasurer of the Board, as well as third parties such as accountants, tax advisers, bankers etc
• Proactively support the Museum’s financial sustainability goals through identifying efficiencies and new sources of income.
Click here to download the Job pack Head of Finance 2021.
Click here to download the RRM Equal opportunities monitoring form.
We’ll be accepting applications up to midnight on Friday 23rd July. Interviews will take place on Thursday 29th July and will probably take place online.
Volunteering at the River & Rowing Museum
Volunteers enrich the work of the River & Rowing Museum by contributing their skills and time to our diverse programme of exhibitions, events, and a nationally important permanent collection.
Volunteering with us provides an engaging and enriching experience with opportunities to build transferable skills and gain valuable experience within the culture and heritage sector whilst supported by a friendly team.
There are a number of exciting volunteering opportunities available at the Museum:
Visitor Welcome Volunteer
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support an experienced Front of House team in providing a warm and friendly welcome to our visitors, enabling them to feel safe and confident whilst having a fantastic museum experience.
Click here to download the RRM Visitor Welcome Volunteer Role Description 2020
Grounds Maintenance Volunteer
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us maintain the Museum grounds to ensure they are accessible, enjoyable areas for our visitors and encourage nature to thrive. Can you help us?
Click here to download the Grounds Maintenance Volunteer Role Description
Museum Maintenance Volunteer
Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy a challenge? We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support us with light building maintenance and technical support for our exhibits. Can you help us?
Click here to download the Museum Maintenance Volunteer Role Description – River & Rowing Museum
Maintenance, Curatorial and Education: if you are interested in volunteering with our maintenance, curatorial or education departments, please get in touch so we can keep you updated as opportunities arise. How to get involved:
We don’t require previous experience of working within museums and welcome people of all abilities.
Volunteers are eligible for:
• Free admission to the Museum
• 10% discount on admission for up to two friends or family
• 10% discount on children’s workshops and adult lectures
• 10% discount in the Museum shop and café
• Biannual social events
• Invitation to Private Views
• Quarterly Volunteer Newsletter
How to get involved:
Please complete the Volunteer Enquiry Form and email it to Juliet Harris, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or send it to Volunteering, The River & Rowing Museum, Mill Meadows, Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, RG9 1BF.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering with use please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01491 415 600.
Click here to download the Volunteer Enquiry Form.