Do you enjoy visiting museums and art galleries? Do you have a few spare hours a week? Would you like to learn more about our exhibitions? We would love to hear from you!
We are recruiting for a number of different roles within the Museum, including roles within our learning team, administration, operations and curatorial teams.
Benefits of volunteering at the River & Rowing Museum:
- The opportunity to contribute to the work of a Museum with a diverse programme of exhibitions and events, and a nationally important permanent collection
- Valuable work experience for those wishing to work in the culture and heritage sector
- Free admission to the Museum
- Access to members’ only events
- 10% discount on children’s workshops and adult lectures
- 10% discount on admission for up to two friends or family
- 10% discount in the Museum shop
- 50% discount in the Museum café
“Volunteering in the River & Rowing Museum has been an amazing experience for me. I’ve met lovely people and learnt new things. Organising the Peter Rabbit exhibition made me realise just how much work is behind every single decision the curatorial team has to make to deliver an excellent experience for the visitors. I’ve enjoyed my time volunteering and the team has been patient answering all the questions I had. It has been a pleasure helping with the exhibition and I really enjoyed it. I will consider volunteering again for the museum for any upcoming projects.”