Ugly Bug Ball - Key Stage 1
Investigate minibeast habitats and life-cycles at close-hand with practical activities and a minibeast safari.
- An introduction to simple insect anatomy with Boris the Stag Beetle.
- Role play to investigate the characteristics of a stag beetle.
- Class discussion of minibeast classification.
- Pupils will investigate the diversity of minibeasts by examining real insect specimens.
- Making a model of an insect with the correct anatomical features.
- A guided walk around the outside of the Museum searching for minibeasts in different habitats and investigating the characteristics of different mini beasts related to their environment.
- Search the Life display in the River Gallery for information about minibeasts and habitats.