Wind in the Willows – Key Stage 1/Key Stage 2
Creative challenges exploring the connections between Grahame’s characters and the real habitats and wildlife that inspired them.
- A carousel of 5 descriptive and sorting activities.
- An investigation of Grahame’s characters and their four real counterparts.
- The creation of a ‘friendship’ poem.
- A walk along the Wildlife Walkway to Ratty’s Refuge Garden and Mill Meadows.
- Look for animal habitats including those of Toad, Mole, Badger and Ratty.
- Make detailed drawings of habitats.
- Talk about the willow trees and the theme of ‘change’.
- Consider what might have changed since 1908 and how we can preserve the riverbank and meadows.