Alongside our permanent galleries we have a programme of changing temporary exhibitions.
Whenever we can, we will create a unique workshop linked directly to the exhibition, giving us the opportunity to explore different themes and often work with the exhibitors themselves. Keep checking this page to find out what we have to offer!
Elmer & Friends: The Colourful World of David McKee – Winter 2020 – Spring 2021
New workshop for EYFS and KS1
Come join the herd! Experience a cross-curricular workshop recognising what makes us unique and inspired by the exhibition Elmer and Friends: The Colourful World of David McKee from Seven Stories, The National Centre for Children’s Books. Designed to develop communication, language and curriculum skills, pupils will explore the themes of friendship and acceptance in the story of Elmer and investigate what we share with Elmer’s real elephant relatives.
- Discover the real Elmer and what we have in common. Do elephants talk like us? How big is an elephant really? Who’s who in the elephant family? Complete the creative challenges to find out.
- Elephant maths with mirrors – can you make more elephants for Elmer to play with?
- Trunk talk – build an elephant trunk and plot a simple elephant tale.
- Celebrate Elmer Day – make your own elephant creation to celebrate Elmer Day through movement and drama.
- Visit Elmer and Friends and immerse yourself in original artwork and captivating characters. Featuring Elmer, Not Now, Bernard, Mr Benn and more.
Cost £6.50 + VAT per child (minimum charge £110 + VAT). All adults FREE! Workshop available until Spring 2021 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when you will have exclusive use of the galleries.
For more information or to book email email@example.com