Alongside our permanent galleries we have a programme of changing temporary exhibitions.
Whenever we can, we will create a unique workshop linked directly to the exhibition, giving us the opportunity to explore different themes and often work with the exhibitors themselves. Keep checking this page to find out what we have to offer!
The Snowman™ and the Snowdog Sat 23 Nov – Sun 19 Jan
Follow the wondrous adventures of The Snowman™ and The Snowdog, with over 40 original illustrations from the film in this exciting festive exhibition.
As well as behind-the-scenes drawings, preparatory sketches and artwork used in the film, there are activities for everyone to enjoy. Get a fascinating insight into the creative process that brought The Snowman™ back to life for a new generation of viewers and see how the animators drew faces and selected their colour palette. A delightful way to make memories and discover this iconic story.
Bring your KS1 students to enjoy the exhbition and take part in the Materials workshop with a special snowman twist! Activities include:
- Investigate materials in the story of The Snowman™
- Design and make a plaster cast snowman face for a festive decoration
- Sorting activities and games identifying properties of various materials associated with Christmas
- Exploring materials to look at man-made and natural materials
- Constructing a texture board to reinforce the properties of different materials
- Dance the Celebration Snowman
- Visit the galleries to explore the different materials on display and visit The Snowman™ and The Snowdog exhibition