Wildlife Photography Competition Rules
Take a photograph on the theme ‘Colour in Nature’. Photographs can be taken in the garden, from the window or wherever you are. Birds, bugs, the sky, leaves, flowers – they can all be included.
Closing date 5pm Friday 10 July 2020
- Wildlife does not include pets, shop-bought flowers or people.
- The competition is open to Henley residents aged 5 – 14 years old, with the exception of employees of River & Rowing Museum (RRM), and their families, agents and anyone else connected with the promotion.
- The categories are: individual entries from 4- 7yrs (R, Y1, Y2), 8-11yrs (Y3-6) and 11 -14 yrs (Y7-9).
- Maximum 1 entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- The photograph must not have won a prize in any other competition anywhere in the world, or been published by a third party.
- The photograph must have been taken in the past year (since 15 July 2019) and be your original work.
- The photograph must be taken in or around Henley on Thames
- You must be the sole owner of the copyright of all the work. RRM does not accept any liability in the publication of unlawfully reproduced material.
- Photographs must be submitted with the official entry form, available to download here.
- Entries must be submitted by an adult (parent/guardian or teacher) on behalf of the child; this adult must have parental permission. This adult may be asked, with parental permission, to provide proof of age, identity and eligibility.
- To enter, photographs must be submitted to the River & Rowing Museum by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 10 July 2020. Postal entries or those sent over social media will not be accepted. We accept no responsibility for any entries that are corrupted or fail to reach us by the closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- The entry of any photograph to the competition constitutes a grant to RRM of the non-exclusive royalty-free licence to reproduce it for any purpose online and on any other of RRM’s social media platforms.
- The winners and runners-up consent to the use of their name and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by RRM, without further compensation.
- The photographs will be judged by a panel appointed by RRM.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria: inclusion of colour in nature; originality; composition.
- The judges’ decision on all matters relating to the competition is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Judging will take place in July 2020 and winners will be notified by the 31 July 2020 by email.
- The category winners will be announced at the end of July 2020.
- Winners and runners up will have their photograph displayed in the Community Gallery at RRM.
- The winner will win £40 worth of books for their school and a wildlife-themed goodie bag
- Runners up will receive a wildlife-themed goodie bag.