We’re reopening from 20 May!
The whole Museum including Café, Shop and all galleries will reopen from 20 May 2021.
Last chance to see Elmer and Friends Exhibition – extended until 21 June.
All tickets on sale from 27 April. We will keep you informed on our website, social media and via our e-newsletter.
Look out for: –
- Elmer and Friends: The Colourful World of David McKee: Join us to celebrate the colourful and feel-good world of illustrator David McKee. This exciting exhibition from Seven Stories, The National Centre for Children’s Books, takes you on a journey into the imagination of the creator of classic books and characters including Elmer the Patchwork Elephant, Mr Benn and Not Now, Bernard.
- Curator’s Tour – John Piper: A Very British Artist – an exclusive introduction to our dedicated gallery examining the diversity of the career of this acclaimed Henley artist across the mediums of stained glass, ceramics, tapestry and set designs as well as paintings and prints. Your one-hour experience, in a very small group, includes a special tour, followed by time to enjoy the Gallery and the opportunity to ask questions.
- Curator’s Tour: The Henley Story – discover the rich history of Henley on Thames, made famous by the Henley Royal Regatta, on a new and informative guided tour showcasing some unique and historic items from the collection. From the first evidence of human activity in this area, 250,000 years ago, through to the rise of Leander Club and regattas drawing rowers and pleasure seekers from around the world, hear how Henley has always been so closely linked to its special position on the River Thames and about the fascinating people who have shaped its story.Check back for more dates, coming soon or sign up to our enews to hear more.
The Museum has carefully limited numbers within each time slot to ensure maximum space for social distancing for both tours. Socially spaced seating will be in place for your comfort and safety during the Gertrude Hermes exhibition Curator Tour. Seating is available on request on arrival in John Piper Gallery. Please refer to our safe visiting guidelines ahead of your visit. All visitors must wear a face mask.
For more information, please refer to our FAQs.
Terms and conditions
1) Pre-booking is essential – no walk up tickets are available.
2) Booking subject to availability.
3) Cancellation policy – in the event that you are unwell, we will make every effort to rearrange your visit for another date. The River & Rowing Museum reserves the right not to exchange the ticket if ticket availability does not allow this.
4) Friends, Henley 100 Club, Friends of Rowing, Annual Passholders, Art Fund National Art Pass holders and Volunteers must all pre-book tickets and give their details or show Membership cards on entry.
5) National Art Pass and Annual passholders receive complimentary entry for the special exhibition and must book in advance.
6) Please arrive a maximum of 10 minutes ahead of your allotted time slot. If you would like to visit the Shop as part of your visit, please arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of your allotted time slot to allow shopping time in advance of your exhibition visit. We cannot guarantee direct entry into the Shop post-exhibition visit owing to numbers and social distancing.
7) Accompanying visitors to Henley 100 Club, Friends of Rowing, National Art Pass, Annual Passholders, Volunteers and Friends must pre-book and pay for their tickets. Pre-booking is essential.
8) Please consider other visitors when booking Friends and Henley 100 Club tickets – entry is limited and we would like to offer as many people as possible the opportunity to enjoy the exhibition.
9) Car parking is additional to the exhibition visit / tour price. Friends and Supporters must share their Membership cards at Front Desk with reference to car parking voucher.
10) Curator’s Tours – your one-hour experience includes an exclusive curator’s tour, followed by time to enjoy the Gallery and the opportunity to ask questions. Curator’s Tour tickets do not include general admission to the galleries.
11) Curator’s Tour tickets do not include general admission to the galleries.
12) John Piper Curator’s Tours – please ask on arrival about any individual access needs. Seating can be provided if needed.