We’re reopening from 20 May!
The whole Museum including Café, Shop and all galleries will reopen from 20 May 2021.
Last chance to see Elmer and Friends Exhibition – extended until 21 June.
All tickets on sale from 27 April. We will keep you informed on our website, social media and via our e-newsletter.
A day out in beautiful Henley-on-Thames
Enjoy a day out at the River & Rowing Museum with your group, and discover the history of this quintessentially English town. With full or half day options available, five permanent galleries and a constantly changing series of temporary art exhibitions, there is so much to explore. Visitors of all ages enjoy joining Ratty, Mole, Toad and Badger in the atmospheric Wind in the Willows 3D exhibition that brings the classic story to life! In 2017 a brand new gallery opened featuring the work of popular British Artist John Piper, including painting, collage, stained glass and tapestry.
Coach & Car Parking
With room for 70 cars, the Museum has its own car park including coach-parking facilities. To ensure a smooth arrival and welcome for your group, we ask that coach parking is pre-booked. Our Duty Manager will greet your group on arrival, with a warm welcome and orientation information. We are pleased to offer free Museum admission for coach drivers.
We are situated in the meadows on the banks of the river in the beautiful Henley on Thames. The Museum is easy to find and sign-posted from all entrances to the town, which is a leisurely ten minute walk away. If you’d like to extend your visit, we are ideally situated for a visit to the stunning National Trust property Greys Court, local country park Stonor, as well as a short walk from the bustling centre of Henley.
The Café at the Museum offers a range of hot and cold lunch options, delicious freshly made cakes and afternoon tea options. To book a table, or for menu information, please get in touch with Pilar Norfolk on 01491 415619 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the end of your visit, the Museum shop offers plenty of opportunities to take home a souvenir of your day out. The shop is filled with gorgeous gifts, from beautiful leather handbags and pretty jewellery to books and greetings cards. Group visitors enjoy a 10% discount in the Museum shop.
Group Admission Prices 2019
We offer a pre-booked discounted Admission Rate for Group Visitors to the Museum (minimum 10 people), if booked at least 24 hours in advance.
|Ticket Type||Admission Prices|
|Adult Day Ticket||£8.50|
|Organiser & Driver||Free of charge|
Enjoy a one-hour private group river trip on the beautiful River Thames, which can be added to any of our packages, minimum 30 guests. Available through one of our recommended suppliers at preferential prices, available upon request.
Guided Gallery Tour £35 per group
Choose from either a guided Highlights Tour of the galleries, or John Piper introductory talk. Tours are subject to availability and must be booked in advance. Maximum 25 people per group.
Group Travel Packages 2019
River Lovers £27.75
Start the day at the Museum with tea/coffee and Danish pastry, free time in the galleries and lunch. As an optional extra, explore the Royal Regatta course on a boat trip along the River Thames.
Art Lovers £23.75
Spend a whole day at the Museum and explore the stunning John Piper Gallery. Add our guided introductory talk as an optional extra. Enjoy lunch followed by tea/coffee and free time in the galleries and shop.
A day out in Henley-on-Thames £14.45
Spend the morning in the bustling centre of picturesque Henley, followed by a visit to the Museum and delicious afternoon cream tea.
For further information, please contact the River & Rowing Museum:
How to book:
- Please send an email to check availability to email@example.com
- We’ll confirm your booking in writing and make all the necessary arrangements for your visit
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Admission prices are discounted rates and no further discounts are available
- All prices are inclusive of VAT
- A single payment is required to qualify for group rates
- Payment for boat trips and catering orders must be confirmed no later than 14 days in advance and will be charged accordingly
- Payment for admission can be made in advance by cheque (made payable to the River & Rowing Museum Foundation) or by debit/credit card by calling 01491 415619
- Boat trips are available Monday – Friday between 10.00am – 4.00pm, for a minimum of 30. Please note boat trips are not available during Henley Royal Regatta
- Gallery tours are available for a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 50 people, when pre-booked in advance of your visit, and subject to the availability of our volunteer guides. Groups larger than 20 will be divided into two smaller groups with separate entry times.
- A deposit may be required for catering and boat trips.
- Invoicing available upon request
- Refund restrictions apply